Age Discrimination Attorneys
Age discrimination in the workplace refers to the mistreatment of workers who are older than 40 simply because of their age. In 2014, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) received more than 20,500 reports of age discrimination in the U.S. workplaces, and these incidences led to the collection of nearly $78 million in civil fines from U.S. employers.
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA): Here’s What You Should Know
Since 1967, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) has made it illegal for employers to discriminate against workers who are 40 or older simply because of their age. While the ADEA does not specifically provide protections against workplace age discrimination for people who are younger than 40, it does currently prohibit:
- Age-based discrimination (for those older than 40) in hiring, promoting, compensating, laying off and/or terminating employees
- Employers from stating age preferences for job applicants in job ads or notices
- Employers from denying workers benefits due to their age (though, in some cases, employers may be permitted to reduce coverage for older workers so long as the cost of providing reduced benefits is the same as the cost of providing full benefits to younger employees)
- Employers from forcing workers into “mandatory retirement”
- Workplace harassment based on people’s age (This includes any slurs, derogatory comments, threats, etc. that harass older employees).
While such discriminatory acts can be psychologically and financially damaging to workers, retaining an experienced lawyer and pursuing an age discrimination case can help them obtain the justice they may need and the compensation they likely deserve.
Los Angeles Employment Discrimination Attorneys at Moon and Yang
Have you been the target of age discrimination in the workplace? If so, it’s time to contact the experienced Los Angeles employment attorneys at the Moon and Yang. Since 2007, our trusted lawyers have been dedicated to providing our clients with aggressive, effective legal advocacy as they hold employers accountable for violating their rights. We have a strong commitment to our clients and bring substantial experience, legal knowledge and effective resources to both simple and complex workplace discrimination cases.
In fact, when you trust your case to our highly skilled attorneys, you can rely on the facts that you’ll receive:
- Personalized legal service
- Regular case updates and prompt responses to all of your calls, emails and inquiries
- Honest answers and clear advice so you have realistic expectations about the outcome of your case
- Experienced help bringing your case to a successful resolution.
At Moon & Yang, our goal is to provide maximum value to our clients so that they can obtain the compensation and justice to which they are entitled.
WHY HIRE US?
Our Los Angeles employment and business lawyers are experienced trial attorneys with significant experience representing both individuals and businesses in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels. We have the experience you can count on to effectively represent you in any legal setting.
Our Aggressive Legal Advocacy
Our Los Angeles attorneys are ready to be fierce advocates for you. While this means that we never back down and that we are always ready to go up against even the most formidable opponents on your behalf, it also means that we will be aggressive in pursuing all remedies to which you may be entitled under state and federal law.
Our attorneys are dedicated to providing each of our clients with personalized, responsive, high-quality legal services. This means that you can count on us to be accessible to you throughout the course of your case while expertly guiding you through the legal process. It also means that we provide you with honest answers, realistic expectations and the maximum value while respecting your needs and addressing your concerns.