Los Angeles Sexual Harassment Lawyers
Workplace sexual harassment can be demeaning, upsetting and incredibly stressful. Although it can be difficult to know where to turn and find support after being subjected to workplace sexual harassment, it’s important to know that:
- You have rights.
- Sexual harassment at work is illegal and never acceptable.
- The Los Angeles sexual harassment lawyers at Moon and Yang are here for you, ready to help you fight back and hold the harasser(s) accountable.
Our Los Angeles sexual harassment lawyers are ready to help you obtain justice and compensation if you’ve been the target of workplace sexual harassment.
Dedicated, skilled and tenacious, our attorneys can help you identify your best options for seeking justice – and help you pursue all available legal remedies – after workplace sexual harassment occurs.
What Constitutes Workplace Sexual Harassment?
Sexual harassment at work can arise in many forms. While some instances of workplace sexual harassment may involve physical contact or verbal statements, others may arise via gestures, electronic communications and even the displays of offensive images.
What all of these forms of sexual harassment have in common, however, is that they are unwanted and unwelcome by an employee.
Workplace Sexual Harassment: Common Examples
Some common ways that workplace sexual harassment can arise include (but are by no means limited to):
- Unwelcome physical contact and/or unwanted sexual advances
- Hinging job offers or promotions on the performance of sexual favors
- Threatening or intimidating people who have turned down sexual advances
- Leering and/or making rude hand gestures at others
- Putting up lewd, explicit and/or vulgar images (or other displays) in the workplace
- Making offensive jokes, derogatory comments or slurs that are sexual in nature (regardless of whether these are directed at a specific individual or they are general in nature)
- Pushing or physically blocking others’ movements.
Here, it is also critical to understand that:
- Workplace sexual harassment can take place without victims having suffered any specific economic losses – In other words, employees don’t have to prove that they lost income (or experienced other financial losses) in order for them to have grounds for a sexual harassment case.
- Workplace sexual harassment can be enacted by people in various positions – For example, supervisors, colleagues, contractors or even nonemployees (such as clients) can be among those who sexually harass workers. Additionally, harassers can be male or female, and the targets of their harassment do not have to be the opposite gender.
Workplace Sexual Harassment: More Important Information for California Workers
- Reporting workplace sexual harassment – If your company has a specific sexual harassment policy, reporting the incident to your employer and proceeding though your employer’s grievance system will generally be necessary (before you can move forward with legal action). Additionally, it’s critical to report any and every incident, as this can be helpful to establishing a pattern of workplace sexual harassment.
- Filing deadlines – There are very strict time limits for pursuing workplace sexual harassment claims, and missing these windows may restrict victims’ options for financial recovery. So, it’s strongly advised that you consult with an attorney and take action as soon as possible to avoid missing filing deadlines and compromising your case.
- Employer retaliation – If you are fired, demoted or otherwise retaliated against for reporting workplace sexual harassment, you will likely have another claim against your employer (i.e., a wrongful termination claim).
You Don’t Have to Fight Workplace Sexual Harassment Alone: Contact a Los Angeles Sexual Harassment Lawyer at Moon and Yang, APC Today
If you have been sexually harassed at work, contact a Los Angeles sexual harassment lawyer at the Moon and Yang for effective legal advocacy in your pursuit of justice.
The experienced and trusted lawyers at Moon and Yang are seasoned trial attorneys who bring substantial experience, legal knowledge and resources to simple and complex legal matters alike. Known for our vigorous representation and personal service, our attorneys are ready to aggressively protect your rights and interests while helping you:
- Hold the harasser(s) accountable for their illegal and offensive actions
- Maximize your financial recovery
- Bring your case to the best possible resolution.
WHY HIRE US?
Our Los Angeles employment and business lawyers are experienced trial attorneys with significant experience representing both individuals and businesses in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels. We have the experience you can count on to effectively represent you in any legal setting.
Our Aggressive Legal Advocacy
Our Los Angeles attorneys are ready to be fierce advocates for you. While this means that we never back down and that we are always ready to go up against even the most formidable opponents on your behalf, it also means that we will be aggressive in pursuing all remedies to which you may be entitled under state and federal law.
Our attorneys are dedicated to providing each of our clients with personalized, responsive, high-quality legal services. This means that you can count on us to be accessible to you throughout the course of your case while expertly guiding you through the legal process. It also means that we provide you with honest answers, realistic expectations and the maximum value while respecting your needs and addressing your concerns.
Free Case Evaluation
What Makes Us a Different Kind of Law Firm
At Moon and Yang, our attorneys exemplify the all above qualities while bringing much more to every case they take on. Focused on providing the maximum value while putting our clients’ needs first, our Los Angeles lawyers always work diligently and tenaciously to:
- Preserve our clients’ rights and advance their interests
- Craft the strongest possible cases
- Help our clients achieve their long- and short-term goals so they can resolve their case as efficiently and favorably as possible.
This diligent work is backed by personal service, as our attorneys are committed to providing our clients with the answers they need as their cases progress so they are informed, involved, and educated throughout their litigation proceedings.
To find out more about our services and how we can help you, contact us today by calling (213) 232-3128 or by filling out our Free Case Evaluation Form.